BEAR CABIN #462View Fullscreen
Location: Downtown Gatlinburg (Walking distance to the Parkway near Light #2) This unique Gatlinburg log cabin is decorated with charming Smoky Bears decor. Built in the 1800s with native logs, this cabin is rich with history and charm. Located on the Little Pigeon River; it's one in a milllion location will satisfy your every desire for a fantastic Gatlinburg vacation! Fish off your back yard (local fishing licenses required) and/or take a short walk into downtown Gatlinburg! You will love this antique log cabin that has many guests returning year after year! This charming authentic log cabin has a comfy living area with wood fireplace, fully equipped kitchen, & enclosed hot tub. Rain or shine, you can soak in the hot tub while listening to the rushing Little Pigeon River. Enjoy your morning coffee in one of the patio rockers or grill out in your back yard while taking in the beautiful sight. You'll enjoy your King & Queen Log Framed beds at Bear Cabin #462. This log cabin is not only charming, but the location is ideal for any return visitor or newcomer to the City of Gatlinburg. We've seen black bears that like to bathe nearby so bring your camera! Reserve Bear Cabin #462 today! Register pets at time of reservation. This cabin is less than 1 mile from Light #2.
- Full Kitchen
- Coffee Maker
- Washer & Dryer
- Central Heat/Air
- Fireplace - Wood
- Pet Friendly
- Close to Ripley's Aquarium
- BBQ Grill
- Hot Tub
- Close to Town
- Decorated for Christmas
- Great fall trip – 10/18/2016
- We had a great experience. Location was great and it was nice being right on the Little Pigeon River.
- Stay Bear cabin; 462 Hemlock – D. Everett G. 9/6/2016
- Really enjoyed our stay. Hot tub saw a lot of use.
- bear cabin – 8/11/2016
- Awesome place. Looking forward to our next visit!
- Wonderful vacation 2016 – Paula W. 7/1/2016
- This was our second stay with Aunt bugs cabin rentals I absolutely love Bear cabin I will definitely stay at this cabin again as soon as possible extremely pleased very convenient we got to walk Gatlinburg without having to drive much at all little Pigeon River running through the back yard was awesome. They are cabins on each side of their cabin but you still feel like you and your own little area just not if pulling into the cabin you park on the left side at the cabin we did have a little bit of confusion because the person in the other cabin was parked and I'll drive but they were very friendly and promptly moved their vehicles so that we can get in all and all our stay was complete 10
- Perfect Cabin – Lynne H. 5/9/2016
- We have rented from other companies for 20 years. I will never rent from anyone but Aunt Bugs now. Excellent rental experience. Our cabin was the best. We want to rent it again and again.
- Just the right distance from Gatlinburg proper – 12/26/2015
- Close enough to walk if the weather is reasonable. Property was rustic, clean and cozy. Absolutely no complaints. Check in/out was a breeze.
- Great Choice! – Bonnie E. 11/11/2015
- I was happy we chose this cabin. Great location, charming authentic cabin, beautiful spot on the river, lovely wood fireplace. We loved the screened in porch on the back and spent many hours day and night sitting out there enjoying the river. The personnel I dealt with were very nice and informative and made the reservation/check-in process easy and quick. Great people.
The only complaint I have was that the upholstery on the couch was dirty and worn looking, however it didn't smell bad or anything.
- Perfect Honeymood – Lisa C. 10/19/2015
- A warm cabin with lots of history and within walking distant to all the shops, dining, and social scenes of this lovely town. The cabin was tasteful decorating and suitable for pets.
- Bear Cabin Rental Review – Randall M. 9/22/2015
- Haven't been to Gatlinburg in many years. It has become more of a tourist attraction. Cabin rental was fine, no complaints there. There was a lot of vehicle noise, otherwise it was fine. Don't think I'll be back to Gatlinburg.
- Great Experience at Bear Cabin #462 – Linda P. 9/15/2015
- Our stay at Bear Cabin was great! It's small but comfortable. It was spotless and well equipped for all your needs.....except for one thing. There was no salt and pepper, which sounds unimportant but when you plan to cook, that's something you wouldn't think to bring when it states it's fully equipped. Also, the hot tub is not for short people but it's comfortable and felt great to relax! All in all, I would return to this cabin. It's my 3rd stay with Aunt Bugs, they are great!!
- relaxing sight and sound of Pigeon River – 9/6/2015
- This is our 2nd year renting cabins from Aunt Bug's. We stayed in Bear Cabin, with walking distance to a shuttle in Gatlinburg. The cabin was clean, modern kitchen, and just cute. We rented the cabin for the outside area, we hardly were inside much at all. The Little Pigeon River just steps away from our screened-in porch. The porch rocking chairs, so comfy while sitting there watching and listening to the rushing water. Nearby cabins pretty close, but had no issues with that. Staff friendly, and plan to rent from Aunt Bug's again.
- Quiet but Convenient – Paul V. 7/15/2015
- The pictures can be somewhat deceiving. When looking at the pictures, I thought we would be staying in a cabin that was somewhat isolated. Upon arriving, I found that there were cabins all around us. The close proximity of other cabins was never a problem and we were able to enjoy the same level of peacefulness that we've enjoyed while staying in isolated areas. Additionally, you are within easy walking distance of the downtown area of Gatlinburg and a trolly stop is only a block away if you don't want to walk. The process of checking into and out of the cabin was a breeze. Despite its age, the cabin was clean and well maintained. We will definitely be using Aunt Bugs again.
- The feel of a quiet Mt. stream cabin – Pat C. 6/14/2015
- Just what we wanted. We came to spend time in the Mountains and did not want all the hype and people found in large hotels and busy tourist areas. It was very close to the Park entrance but with the feel of sitting by a mt. stream. We are senior citizens; it was my brother, Dad and myself. We wanted the homeyness of a cabin where we could be together not 2 stark motel rooms with no place for gathering together. Morning coffee was enjoyed sitting in the chairs by the stream. We like to play cards at night and the table on the screened porch was perfect. There was a little area of the ceiling and corner of the one bathroom that needs repair or I would have given it a 5. It would be nice to provide a hair dryer also. Great place would love to visit again.
- All ok – Bruce D. 6/2/2015
- The place was in an excellent location. Had a bear right in the back yard. Only issue was WIFI didn't work. Called the first day to report it and no fix was put in place or no call back to update on fix.
- Beautiful area – Patricia N. 4/17/2015
- Great location,nice cabin,comfortable and clean,river outside your door,walking distance to trolley line or reasonable walk to downtown,we walked over to hillbilly golf and a little deli next to it. Gas station and liquor very nearby also
- Bear cabin – Lisa H. 2/25/2015
- We real liked it. It was hard to get on main road some of time
- Great location – 10/26/2014
- Overall, a good place to stay. Wonderful location. Kitchen was great. The fireplace doors were quite dirty, and the pillows on the couches and beds were in need of washing.
- Well Needed Getaway – 9/8/2014
- The cabin we rented was Bear Cabin #462 and it was just awesome. The location was great and the sound of the river in the morning was refreshing. The cabin was very clean and had ample supple of items. Thanks to the owners for having such a wonderful place where people could go and enjoy a vacation.
- NICE cabin Loved it – Nancy B. 8/18/2014
- The cabin was great. A combo of rustic and modern. Loved the location and we had a very good time.
- August 2014 Vacation – Susan C. 8/8/2014
- Had a very enjoyable relaxing vacation at Bear Cabin 462. Staff was very helpful when booking the cabin and answered all my questions. The cabin was EXTRA clean and very well stocked. The location was great for us but it could be too far to walk for some. I was informed of this though when I reserved it. The lockbox outside the cabin was a little tricky to get into but that only has to be done when you arrive and leave. There was an extra key left inside. Be sure and install the Aunt Bug's mobile app for updates, coupons, etc. You can also use it to check out which was very helpful. Would highly recommend Bear Cabin 462 and look forward to staying there again!
- A getaway with the grand kids – Chris A. 5/6/2014
- We have owned vacation property in Gatlingburg for several years and go there often. This cabin is on the river and has old world character that was a welcome . We enjoyed our stay very much!
- visitor – Johnny R. 2/26/2014
- Getting in and out of traffic at greenlight
#2 is very difficult. The gridlock is not going
to help Gatlinburg.
- Perfect Little Gatlinburg Hideaway – Susan D. 12/29/2013
- Easy check in with professional staff. Cabin was perfectly situated close to town yet off the beaten path. Pet friendly without 25 lb weight restriction. All the comforts of home. Cozy riverside location with wood-burning fireplace to break the winter chill.
- Aunt Bugs Cabin – Kimberly D. 11/11/2013
- Our vacation was more than we expected thanks to Aunt Bugs Cabin, which is a hidden secret. The overall experience was perfect!
- peaceful – Cynthia L. 10/4/2013
- we had a wonderful getaway for some down time. This rental on the river was relaxing and peaceful!
- Wonderful Time – Brian K. 9/21/2013
- We had a great time. Than cabin was rustic and historical. Our stay was peaceful and relaxing. Enjoyed the shops in Gatlinburg. Our surroundings by the cabin were excellent.
- Great experience in Gatlinburg – Kathy S. 9/8/2013
- This is our 3rd stay at Aunt Bugs cabin!!! We had a blast, the location is great and the river running right in your backyard was fabulous!!! You can trout fish or just sit and watch the beautiful rapids, so relaxing!! So close to everything in Gatlinburg that you can walk if you want!!! We will be back!!!
- Surprise – Franklin S. 6/25/2013
- We booked this cabin for our surprise elopement. We brought our 3 lil grandgirls and had plenty of space was well away from traffic so we had peace and quiet. Kids enjoyed tubing in river. Everything was clean and perfect for us!!!!! thanks......... only complaint was no wi_-fi
- Great time!! – Adam G. 6/11/2013
- My boys, 14 & 10, had a great time. In fact, the 10 year old was upset that we had to come back home. We would definitely stay again!!
- BEAR 462 – Luann And Lamar B. 5/31/2013
- GREAT LOCATION...LOVE THE STREAM
- Rustic Cabin – Gary M. 5/29/2013
- This cabin was very rustic which my family and I enjoyed. It was a fairly long walk to downtown Gatlinburg, but the trolley stop is only a block or two walk. The only bad things I can say are the lawn needed to be mowed ,and the cabin was not as clean as we would have liked. Dirt in the corners and hair in the tub. Overall though we did enjoy our stay.
- Bear Cabin – 5/12/2013
- We enjoyed our recent stay at Riverside Cabin (aka Bear Cabin 462). This cabin is very close to the Parkway, only about a 2 minute easy walk, close to downtown Gatlinburg. The cabin was clean. Toilets, showers, sinks all worked fine. Had plenty of hot water. Looked like Kitchen was recently renovated with new counter tops, new appliances (although no garbage disposal - didn't matter, ate out most of the time). Enough dishes to provide meal service. Yes, the folding doors in the kitchen to the full size washer/dryer were "sticky", easily remedied by pulling on the door knobs and guiding the door along the track by the top of the doors (maybe they were fixed before our arrival). Only did one load of laundry so this wasn't a deal breaker. There were small ants by the kitchen sink. Not an infestation but they were there, so we kept our snacks zipped up in ziplock bags. The beds were firm/supportive (not rock hard). The bath towels were plentiful, fluffy and clean. Hot tub was hot and ready for use upon our arrival. Screen porch was large but too chilly to sit out there during our stay. Yes, the furniture in the main part of the cabin should be updated. The "rustic log" couch & chair were not supportive for one with a bad back (me). I had to use the decorative pillows from the bedrooms to give back support. The fabric on the couch & chair looked dirty but it could have been old and needed replacing. I just used our travel blanket to cover the couch. The other furniture in the room was "garden patio" furniture (heavy) with thin cushions. We didn't use this furniture since there were only two of us. It was chilly at night and the central heating worked like a charm to warm the cabin. There is a house being built down the street and we could hear some hammering during our stay (mostly during the day), but again not a problem. We enjoyed our stay at Riverside Cabin. I would have given it 5 stars if the living room furniture was updated and there wasn't a minor ant problem.
- we have loved the bear cabin for years – Darla S. 4/22/2013
- the only 2 things i can think to improve on would be new sheets and cleaner floors.everything else was great.
- Relaxing – 3/31/2013
- This was a great cabin! Love the location. The road construction was an inconvenience. It did state that firewood is provided until March 31st yet when we inquired, were told firewood was not provided. Although there was some wood at the cabin. Overall we had a great stay.
|Houston W. - 10/17/2016||5.0|
Everything was great, we had a great long weekend and loved the cabin and location!
|Candince B. - 09/26/2016||5.0|
Loved the cabin, right on the river, hot tub, walking distance to the shops, what more can you ask for?!
|Kathy B. - 09/12/2016||5.0|
Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Answered all my questions I had of the area and takes time to explain to you the directions to your cabin so you will be able to find it with no issues after you leave their office. Very satisfied. Will be back and use Aunt Bug's Rental again.
|D. Everett G. - 09/06/2016||5.0|
excellent. We extended our stay, enjoyed it totally, hot tub was a plus; river behind cabin was a big draw. good location for access to everything.
|Corry I. - 08/18/2016||5.0|
We loved Bear Cabin! The cabin was clean and comfortable. Your staff was kind, courteous and professional. This has been our experience time and again. Because we had such a great experience with Aunt Bugs we thought all cabin rentals would be so smooth, boy did we find out differently when we rented a cabin in NC last year. NEVER AGAIN!! We are Aunt Bug's lifers now and we recommend you to all of our friends. Great job as always, see you next year!
|Paula W. - 06/17/2016||5.0|
Such a nice and friendly staff during check in even when extremely busy
|Joseph S. - 06/06/2016||5.0|
All of yall were very helpful and the cabin was great.
|Chelsea B. - 05/28/2016||5.0|
easy check in/out. cabin exactly how described. had a great vacation.
|Brandon P. - 05/21/2016||5.0|
Nice, clean, close to town. Easy check in. Love the hot tub!
|Diane H. - 05/15/2016||5.0|
Very comfortable and clean. Close to everything! Enjoyed the ducks and geese.
|Lynne H. - 05/07/2016||5.0|
Excellent cabin. Best we have ever had in all our years in Gatlinburg. Aunt Bugs will be our company of choice!
|Kandi H. - 04/12/2016||4.0|
My friends and I really enjoyed our stay. The only thing I would suggest is an extra roll of toilet paper.
|Gayla P. - 04/07/2016||5.0|
We rented through VRBO and found the description and pictures were representative of the cabin. The information emailed prior to our stay was a little overwhelming in the quantity. Some of it was also contradictory...for example, check in time was listed at 3:00 in one spot and 4:00 in another. Even though your staff were very friendly at check in, it's a hassle to have to come to office. The check out directions on fridge do not match those in the packet
|John S. - 12/13/2015||4.0|
Easy, quick, check in check out. Cabin as described, rustic, clean, complete but not fancy. Nice getaway.
|Lisa C. - 10/19/2015||5.0|
The entire staff was great from phone booking to our check in and entire stay.
|Raymond S. - 10/10/2015||5.0|
The stay was great. From easy check in to finding out cabin clean and well supplied. This was our third stay with AuntBugs and we plan on having many more.
|Linda P. - 09/15/2015||4.0|
The cabin was very nice but the hot tub is not for short people. I am only 5'2" and the only place I could sit in it without my face being partly under water was the one corner without jets. Even my son and husband had a bit of a time with it. Other than that, the cabin is very nice, love the river sounds at night. It's my 3rd time staying with Aunt Bugs, would definitely return again!
|Paul V. - 06/28/2015||4.0|
Check in/out was easy and convenient. The cabin was just as described and was clean. We will definitely be using Aunt Bugs again in the future.
|Michael H. - 06/14/2015||4.0|
Great customer service. Well-cleaned cabin. The cabin was represented perfectly on the website. It was just as we thought it would be, which was perfect for our family.
|Hannah G. - 05/15/2015||4.0|
We loved the cabin! It had a great spot by the river, loved hearing the water. Will definitely go back again. Just wish the front door had a better lock. It looked like it could easily opened.
|William J. - 02/27/2015||5.0|
My husband and I were absolutely thrilled with the Bear 462 cabin! Every aspect of our stay was wonderful. The Aunt Bugs staff was very helpful and pleasant. When we needed to stay an extra night because the Winter weather had gotten dangerous, you not only made the cabin available for another night, you gave us a discount! Since we've been back home in Louisiana, I've been telling everyone who'll listen about the cabin and our experience with Aunt Bugs. We will DEFINITELY return! Thank you!! Brad and Paula Jobes
|Linda H. - 10/25/2014||5.0|
You are very easy to work with and were most patient with a tired traveler.
|K. - 07/08/2014||5.0|
The experience was incrediable! Everyone was extremly helpful and friendly.
|S. - 07/07/2014||5.0|
Have been your guests on 2 separate occasions and never disappointed!