A WALK IN THE WOODS #279View Fullscreen
Location: Downtown Gatlinburg (less than 1 mile to Parkway Strip) There is nothing more peaceful and relaxing than A Walk In The Woods. This stunning Gatlinburg chalet offers the perfect location for you and your guest. Located 2 blocks from the Gatlinburg Strip / Parkway, Calhouns Village, The Park Grill Restaurant and numerous specialty shops. This property borders the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, literally! This fabulous chalet boasts a fully equipped kitchen with stainless appliances and wine cooler, game room with pool table, 2 private bedrooms (1 located on each level with bathrooms) reading room with sleeper sofa, wood burning fire place, outdoor hot tub and so much more! A perfect private property for you next Gatlinburg getaway! Rate is for 4 people. Each additional guest is $12.50 nightly or $25 per couple daily.
- Full Kitchen
- Coffee Maker
- Washer & Dryer
- Central Heat/Air
- Fireplace - Wood
- Close to Ripley's Aquarium
- BBQ Grill
- Hot Tub
- Close to Town
- Cable TV
- DVD Player
- Pool Table
- A Home away from Home – Tina B. 8/10/2014
- We had a little trouble finding the cabin due to it was our first time in Gatlinburg. The cabin was clean and well maintained. I would recommend going to the Riplely's aquarium and Dollywood Splash Country in Pigeon Forge. We really enjoyed our vacation here, would definitely come back here!
- A Walk in the Woods is Outstanding!! – Pamela C. 7/30/2014
- This chalet is beautiful. Wish we could have stayed longer. It was clean, just a short drive down the winding mountain and you are right in the middle of downtown Gatlinburg. You can walk it if you don't have knee issues as it is located on a VERY steep mountain side. We felt very comfortable, beds were cozy, had WiFi connection, all appliances worked great, kitchen was fully stocked (needs newer pans though), small TV in living room though for the size of the room...but who watches TV when on vacation. :) Loved chilling in the hot tub, sitting on the deck (hopefully they can add a few rocking chairs...that would make it perfect! It was very quiet, no close neighbors, there is a zip line near but you don't see anyone, can just hear them having fun everyone once in a while in the distance. Overall it was a fantastic stay and would do it again. Would like owner to make sliding glass windows a little more secure as there are some riggings that I would prefer a little more security just in case. We still had a great time!!
- relaxing – Kimberly N. 7/29/2014
- We loved our stay in the chalet "A Walk in the Woods!" It was peaceful & very realxing. Not to mention the place is beautiful....we even saw a family of bears!
- one of the best, with only afew flaws – Snapper V. 7/1/2014
- I would definitely rent this cabin again. It was well furnished and very roomy. My only complaints would be that the shower in the master bedroom doesn't drain and looks like a dungeon! We all showered in the upstairs shower. Also, the mattress in the master bedroom is beyond wore out. The renter can feel every spring, wire, and rod in it, extremely uncomfortable! That really is my only complaints. Your company is by far the best I've worked with in the Gatlinburg area. Good job!
P.s. could use a bug man! Lots of bugs in the cabin.
- A vacation worth remembering – 6/8/2014
- The property management team was unbelievable. Very considerate and professional. The property itself was very comfortable and cozy. The only improvements we would recommend would be new bedding(pillows, sheets,etc.) and a deep cleaning or replacement of the master shower /tub where mold is beginning to accumulate. Also property is advertised as within walking distance of town and shops. Although possible it would be very a very difficult return with the steep incline to the property.
All in all a nice property and would stay again if these few improvements were made.
P.S. Enjoyed the evening visits by the black bear.
- Amazing Weekend In The Smokies... – Dana S. 5/20/2014
- It was absolutely amazing. We even had a bear come visit us on our porch.
- Spacious and Attractive Cabin in Great Location – 5/18/2014
- Ideal location, very close to all local amenities.
- secluded and private – Kimberly A. 5/16/2014
- We went around a winding road to find the cabin but it was worth the search. I wouldn't recommend staying in the winter as the pitch in the road/driveway would be scary to tackle in snow/wintery conditions. However, we loved the cabin. It's exactly as the pictures online portray it. It was stocked with lots of essentials and had some really nice upgrades (some nicer than my own home). It was very secluded so you didn't feel like a neighbor could see in your windows. From the cabin you can see ziplining off in the distance. You're only a minute or so off the main strip in Gatlinburg. We definitely enjoyed our stay!!
- Early Spring in the Smokys – Scott A. 5/5/2014
- Overall "A Walk in the Woods" was an excellent cabin. I would recommend it to my friends. It had a few minor issues, like a leaky faucet and an overflow waste-coal can. But otherwise it was clean, quiet and conveniently located.
- Valentines Weekend Getaway – Robert L. 3/9/2014
- We had a wonderful time!!! Relaxing by the fire, in the hot tub and on the spacious couch was just what we needed. The location was perfect, just close enough to all the local attractions but still tucked away from everyone.
- Great Cabin – 1/13/2014
- Best family vacation ever. The cabin was beautiful, had everything we needed, perfect location close to Downtown and comfortable enough for 8-10 people.
- Up hill climb for older folks – 1/2/2014
- Never wanted to leave, it was so beautiful!
I was totally happy with out experience at WALK IN THE WOODS...because I knew what to expect.
This might not be the place for you if you have a lengthy vehicle or trailer. the road is VERY STEEP and walking into town or back would only be accomplished by someone of EXTREME physical fitness.
Besides THAT....I would highly recommend this property and management.
- Great stay at A Walk In The Woods! – Michelle W. 12/17/2013
- Great stay ....beautiful cabin with nice furnishings (I liked that it was decorated for Christmas). Pool table and hot tub were added bonues. The rooms were plenty roomy with comfortable beds. The only complaint I have is the road leading up to the cabin was a little scary and there was no room to turn your car around so we had to back down the mountain. Also, the hot water would go out after one person showered. Other than that it was a perfect stay and would definitely stay again.
- Great location for those wanting to stay in Gatlinburg – 10/16/2013
- A Walk in the Woods is a great cabin, right in downtown Gatlinburg. It's well kept and we've enjoyed multiple stays there!
- Great vacation spot! – Rick H. 10/13/2013
- The cabin looked exactly like the pictures we saw on the website. We have rented through Aunt Bug's before & would definitely rent from them again. A Walk In The Woods is a beautiful cabin!
- Wonderful Place to Be – Robin B. 10/5/2013
- We loved every minute at the cabin.I will definitely tell people if they are going to Gatlinburg to stay there and if they are not planning a trip tnere they need to. We are going to try to go back next yr. It was our anniversary of 18yrs and well worth it. Thanks for making it so enjoying.
- Great cabin for friends or family looking to get away – 10/1/2013
- Its very close to the Gatlinburg strip but the road is very narrow and careful if you're in a big vehicle
- VERY SATISFIED – Dion P. 9/25/2013
- Cabin was well laid out and decorated. Was very happy with our overall stay!
- A walk in the woods – Teresa S. 8/15/2013
- Great cabin to stay in. Good location, very clean, and very roomy
- Gatlinburg Vacation – Saundra J S. 7/22/2013
- We were pleased with the rental. It was decorated very nicely and clean. The only fault we found was the driveway up to the house was very scary as it was very steep, which was not a problem but getting in and out of your vehicle was very hard because it didn't level out any at the top so the vehicle door had a tendency to smack you in the face.
- Great vacation! – Brent R. 7/21/2013
- The cabin is awesome! We were very impressed with the up to date decor. Great for a big group. We slept 8 comfortably. The driveway is kind of steep but not a problem. We will definitely use Aunt Bug's again.
- Private, but very close to town – Heather J. 7/13/2013
- The cabin was very nice and in good condition. It's very spacious and comfortable for 4 adults and 2 kids. The pullout bed was not comfortable, but air mattresses were provided. It wasn't spotless, but overall very clean. The hot tub was great! The staff at the cabin office could have been friendlier. I talked with two staff members and the gentleman was very polite and helpful, but a woman was snotty and impatient. Overall we had a great stay and the cabin was fantastic. It was within walking distance of town. We walked it two times, but the incline up the mountain made it very difficult to do it often. I would stay here again!
- beary fine – Michael W. 6/16/2013
- peaceful serene relaxing the bear on the deck was memorable and gave us something to share with friends and family
- (: – Rachel J. 6/13/2013
- Couldn't imagine staying anywhere else after staying here...absolutely loved it!
- A real "Walk in the Woods" – Lynn A. 5/27/2013
- Our stay was awesome. We love this property and will always stay here. Right on the property line os national forest. Quiet and private property.
- A Walk In The Woods #279 – 4/9/2013
- This chalet was in an excellent location and was by far the best rental we have ever stayed in! One recommendation: upgrade bedrooms tv's (too small) and main floor shower (outdated & in BAD need of cosmetic repair)...We would definately rent again as these 2 issues were not deal breakers, however they just didnt match the very updated decor and general appearance of this overall VERY nice chalet!
- Wonderful stay – Eddie S. 3/26/2013
- My family and another family stayed here for spring break and the entire experience was so very enjoyable. The cabin was beautiful, the location was perfect, and the experience was so easy. Aunt bugs made it very easy from check in to check out. So very glad we found this rental company and will be using them for sure for our next visit and will be recommending them to others.
- Wonderful – 2/12/2013
- Wonderful place. The access road wasn't clearly described in the ad. Only problem is that we couldn't have stayed longer.